Monday, July 18, 2005

Starting FET 5601 at USQ


Hi there! I've just started my third course on the Masters in Flexible Learning at USQ (University of Southern Queensland, Australia) - it's FET 5601, Instructional Design for Flexible Learning. Have never tried blogging before so this is a bit scary! This is a picture of me and my husband Gus, at my daughter's wedding on May 27 this year. It was a very happy occasion.

I'm hoping to have some discussions on designing courses for flexible delivery. I work at Napier University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK and I lecture in Accounting. We run a BA Hons in Accounting, Certificate / Diploma in Accounting (similar to HNC/HND) and professional training courses for ACCA and CIMA. I also run 3 paper-based distance learning modules which I'm hoping to adapt for the web as well.

We use WebCT for most of our modules, but just as an add-on to face to face delivery - posting handouts, lecture notes, worked examples, past exam papers etc. The students love it and can't get enough, although some are not happy about the costs of printing out material - but study material can be accessed remotely too which helps.

Best wishes,
Penny Gardner

3 comments:

Penny Gardner said...

Thanks Treena and Jo. Maybe we'll meet up again on some future courses? I'm planning to take 8610 in S3, then (possibly) 8601, 8603 and 8801 next year. Am anjoying 5601 so far, tons of reading as usual. If either of you are taking 5621 in the future, let me know, I have tons of material.

Penny

Penny Gardner said...

Hi Joan,
Thanks for the compliments but Blogspot just offers the choice of templates and you pick one and write a bit. Dead easy! Good luck with 8601, looking forward to hearing all about it.
Penny

Jo Weston Edes said...

Hi Penny,
Great minds ... we chose the same template. Very interesting read. I loved the photos of your daughter's wedding day. Were you beyond happy???
See later online,
Jo Weston