Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ataxia UK



I'm secretary of the East of Scotland Branch of Ataxia UK. At the moment, our Branch website is on the USQ student web server, but we'll soon be getting our own web host; I'll post the address of this when it changes. Ataxia is (usually) an inherited condition and causes progressive problems with mobility and speech: cognitive abilities are unaffected.

At last! Our permanent web address is up and running. It is: http://www.ataxia-east-scotland.org.uk/

Here's a picture taken on a charity walk last summer (2004). The picture is taken at the start in Holyrood Park, Edinburgh, with Arthur's Seat in the background - we then walked all round the city. I'm number 1339 and my daughter Katie has a red jacket on. My nephew Al is number 1343, the rest are friends from work and our branch of Ataxia. We raised nearly 1000 UK pounds for the charity.

2 comments:

Penny Gardner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penny Gardner said...

Hello Philise

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I am struggling through the course readings today and hope to be posting to the discussions again tomorrow. If you get problems with starting your own blog, just let me know.

Penny